CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (6-0, 2-0 ACC) returns to ACC play at No. 1 North Carolina (5-0, 2-0 ACC) on Saturday (March 11) for a 3 p.m. opening draw at Dorrance Field.
HOW TO FOLLOW
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX for authenticated subscribers of ACC Network. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
HOT START FOR HOOS
- Virginia has opened the season with a 6-0 start, three of those wins coming against ranked opponents.
- The last time UVA started the season 6-0 was 2007.
- UVA’s win streak ended against then-No. 1 North Carolina. The Cavaliers finished the season as ACC Champions and NCAA runner-up.
- UVA has had a 4-0 start to the season four of the last five seasons.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia leads the ACC and is fourth in the NCAA with 18.67 draw controls per game.
- The Cavaliers also lead the ACC in shots per game (37.5) and are third in free position percentage (.531) and points per game (23.67).
- Ashlyn McGovern leads the ACC and is sixth in the NCAA in goals per game (4.00).
- Maggie Bostain is first in the conference and 20th nationally with 2.00 caused turnovers per game.
- Morgan Schwab is third in the ACC and 11th in the NCAA with 14 assists.
- Aubrey Williams ranks third in the conference and fourth in the nation with 9.00 draw controls per game.
AGAINST NORTH CAROLINA
- Virginia and North Carolina are meeting for the 46th time in series history.
- UVA is looking to snap a 10-game losing streak to the Tar Heels.
- The last win for the Cavaliers was a 10-9 victory on May 17 in Chapel, Hill, in the NCAA tournament to send UVA to the Final Four.
- UVA is 4-16 in games at UNC.
Virginia remains on the road for two games next week, traveling to Richmond on Wednesday, March 15 and Pitt on Saturday, March 19.