CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 10 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (6-1) will play at Richmond (5-2) for a midweek matchup on Wednesday (March 15) at 7 p.m. at Robbins Stadium.
HOW TO FOLLOW
The game will be streamed live on ESPN+ for authenticated subscribers to the network. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia leads the ACC and is seventh in the NCAA with 17.29 draw controls per game.
- The Cavaliers also lead the ACC in shots per game (36.29) and free position percentage (.583) and are third in points per game (22.14).
- Ashlyn McGovern leads the ACC and is sixth in the NCAA in goals per game (4.00).
- Rachel Clark is second in the ACC and eighth in the NCAA in goals per game (3.86).
- Maggie Bostain is second in the conference and 47th nationally with 1.71 caused turnovers per game.
- Morgan Schwab is fourth in the ACC and 17th in the NCAA with 15 assists.
- Aubrey Williams ranks third in the conference and seventh in the nation with 8.43 draw controls per game.
SCORING AGAINST TOP DEFENSES
- Virginia’s 12 goals were the most allowed by UNC so far this season, topping the previous high of nine by JMU.
- UNC ranks fifth in the NCAA in scoring defense, allowing just 7.17 goals per game.
- Clemson currently ranks second in scoring defense, allowing just 6.11 goals per game.
- UVA scored 16 goals in its win against Clemson, the most goals allowed this season for the Tigers and four more than any other team has scored.
- Virginia and Richmond are meeting for the 47th time in the series.
- UVA leads the all-time series 41-4-1 and is 18-2-1 in games played at Richmond.
- The Cavaliers have won the last two meetings, including a 10-10 win at home on March 9, 2022.
Virginia returns to ACC play on Saturday, March 18 at Pitt for a noon opening draw at Highmark Stadium.