CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 10 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (6-2, 2-1 ACC) will be on the road in ACC play on Saturday (March 18) at Pitt (3-5, 0-3 ACC) for a noon opening draw at Highmark Stadium in Pittsburgh.
HOW TO FOLLOW
The game will be broadcast on ACC Network with Leah Secondo (play-by-play) and Rachel DeCecco (color) on the call. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia and Pitt are meeting for the second time as Pitt enters its second season as a program.
- The teams met last season on March 18, with UVA winning 17-7.
- Ashlyn McGovern led the Cavaliers with a career-high seven goals against the Panthers and Rachel Clark had four goals with two assists.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia leads the ACC and is fifth in the NCAA with 17.50 draw controls per game.
- The Cavaliers also lead the ACC in shots per game (36.25) and free position percentage (.558) and are third in points per game (22.38).
- Graduate student Ashlyn McGovern leads the ACC and is sixth in the NCAA in goals per game (4.12).
- Sophomore Rachel Clark is fourth in the ACC in goals per game (3.38).
- Junior Morgan Schwab is third in the ACC and sixth in the NCAA with 21 assists.
- Junior Aubrey Williams ranks third in the conference and seventh in the nation with 8.50 draw controls per game.
- Schwab is third in the ACC and sixth nationally with 21 assists this season.
- She had a season-high six assists against Richmond.
- Schwab had five assists in UVA’s win at Princeton.
- She notched a career-high and matched a UVA single-game record with seven assists in the NCAA First Round against USC.
- Schwab was second all-time in school history among sophomores with 36 assists in 2022.
Virginia closes out a four-game road swing at No. 7 JMU on Wednesday, March 22 at 7 p.m.