CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (7-2) closes out a four-game road swing at No. 5 JMU (8-1) on Wednesday (March 22) at 5 p.m. at Sentara Park in Harrisonburg, Va.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed live on ESPN+ for authenticated subscribers of the network. Links for the live stats and live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia leads the ACC and is second in the NCAA with 17.89 draw controls per game.
- The Cavaliers also lead the ACC in shots per game (36.44) and are second in free position percentage (.509) and are third in points per game (22.78).
- Graduate student Ashlyn McGovern leads the ACC and is fourth in the NCAA in goals (36).
- Sophomore Rachel Clark is third in the ACC in goals (31).
- Junior Morgan Schwab leads the ACC and is third nationally with 26 assists.
- Junior Aubrey Williams ranks third in the conference and fifth in the nation with 8.78 draw controls per game.
- Junior Mackenzie Hoeg had a career day in UVA’s win at Pitt.
- The midfielder scored a career-high five goals against the Panthers.
- Hoeg has been a steady presence all season for UVA. She is fourth on the team in goals, leads UVA in ground balls (17), is second in draw controls (25) and third in caused turnovers (6).
- She is tied for third with five hat tricks this season and has two game-winners, including the game-winning goal at Pitt.
- Morgan Schwab leads the ACC and is third nationally with 26 assists this season.
- Schwab had a season-high six assists against Richmond and dished out five assists in the next game at Pitt.
- Schwab also had five assists in UVA’s win at Princeton.
- She notched a career-high and matched a UVA single-game record with seven assists in the NCAA First Round against USC.
- Schwab was second all-time in school history among sophomores with 36 assists in 2022.
- Schwab’s 75 career assists just tied for tenth-most in UVA history.
Virginia returns home to host No. 11 Notre Dame on Saturday, March 25 at noon at Klöckner Stadium.