CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 12 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (7-3, 3-1 ACC) returns home to host No. 11 Notre Dame (6-2, 3-1 ACC) on Saturday, March 25 at noon at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be broadcast on ACC Network with Leah Secondo (play-by-play) and Courtney Connor (color) on the call. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
PARKING FOR SATURDAY
Parking will be available in the JPJ South Lot and the Emmett/Ivy Garage. There will be a shuttle running from Emmett/Ivy to the Klöckner gate pre- and post-game.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Virginia is coming off a 10-8 loss at No. 5 JMU on Wednesday (March 22).
- The Cavaliers battled in the contest and had the lead in the fourth quarter but couldn’t hold off JMU.
- Graduate student Ashlyn McGovern led UVA with four goals in the game. McGovern has a team-high 40 goals this season.
- Sophomore Rachel Clark had an assist at JMU to extend her point-streak to 10 games. Clark is second on the team with 39 points, on 31 goals and eight assists.
- Sophomore Kate Miller has dished out three assists in each of the last two games and has three assists in three of the last five. She is second on the team with 14 assists.
AGAINST NOTRE DAME
- Virginia and Notre Dame are meeting for the 12th time in series history.
- The Irish have won the last five meetings, with four of those games decided by two goals or less.
- The last meeting was at Notre Dame on March 6, 2022, with UVA falling 12-10.
- UVA’s last win in the series was March 17, 2018, a 17-10 victory. The last win at home against ND came on March 18, 2017.
CAVMAN’S CREW GAME
- Saturday will be the Cavman’s Crew game and spring packet pickup for members.
- UVA will recognize the 1998 ACC Championship team at halftime of the game.
- The 1998 team finished the season 17-3, winning the program’s first ACC Championship in women’s lacrosse.
- Virginia went on to finish as National runners-up that season.
Virginia will be back on the road, traveling to No. 1 Syracuse on Saturday, April 1.