CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 6 Virginia field hockey team (4-1, 0-0 ACC) hosts No. 14 Harvard (2-1, )-) Ivy) on Sunday, Sept. 10 at 12 p.m at Turf Field in Charlottesville, Va.
Admission is free for all regular-season home games at Turf Field.
- The match will stream online on ACCNX through the ESPN app. It is available through participating TV providers that carry ACCN
- Live stats will be available
- Links are posted on VirginiaSports.com
- The team will be signing autographs after the game
- The autograph session is also free
- Free team posters will be available to have signed
NOTING THE CAVALIERS
- Virginia’s offense has scored six goals in each of its last two games, raising the scoring average to 3.40 goals per game
- In the 6-0 victory at Temple last Sunday (Sept. 3) Virginia had eight different players either score a goal or contribute an assist
- Is Friday’s 6-1 victory at William & Mary, UVA had six different goal scorers for the six goals
- Virginia has had 19 student-athletes appear in games this season (not counting goalkeepers), 14 of them have contributed at least one point
- Laura Janssen assisted on three of UVA’s six goals at William & Mary. It was the first multi-assist game of the fifth-year’s career. The three assists in a game were the most by a Cavalier since Nadine de Koning tied the school record by contributing four against Fairfield in 2017
- Daniela Mendez-Trendler leads the team with 11 points of four goals and three assists
- Freshman Mia Abello has scored a goal in each of the last three games
- This is the first ever meeting between the two teams
- The Crimson are coming off a 2-1 overtime loss on Friday at Liberty
ON THE HORIZON
- The Cavaliers open ACC play on Friday, Sept. 15, hosting No. 16 Boston College at 5 p.m.