CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The Virginia men’s soccer team (6-3-2, 2-2 ACC) is set to take on Boston College (3-4-3, 0-3-1 ACC) on Friday night (Oct. 6) at the Newton Soccer Complex in Boston, Mass. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
How to Follow
Friday night’s match against Boston College will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through the ESPN app and at WatchESPN.com for customers who have the ACC Network as part of their TV subscription. Links to both the broadcast and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer).
AGAINST THE EAGLES
- This will mark the 17th meeting between Virginia and Boston College. UVA has the edge with a record of 8-5-3 in the series
- Eight of the last nine meetings between the two teams have been decided by a single goal or less
- The Cavaliers last visited Boston College in 2019 when the teams battled to a 1-1 draw (10/11/19)
- Virginia is 1-2-3 on the road against the Eagles on the road
- The last time the squads met, a Leo Afonso brace powered the Cavaliers to a 2-1 victory at home (10/8/21).
LAST TIME OUT
- The Cavaliers battled No. 16 Hofstra to a 1-1 draw at home (Oct. 3)
- Virginia went down by a score of 1-0 before Danny Mangarov was shown a straight red card
- A Mouhameth Thiam goal leveled the score to help Virginia escape with a draw.
ANNOR ON FIRE
- Virginia’s Stephen Annor has looked every bit as advertised as he leads the Hoos in scoring with six to his tally
- Annor scored three times in the span of two games helping UVA to a 1-1 draw on the road with No. 9 JMU (Sept. 12) and a 3-1 victory over NC State at home (Sept. 16) on his way to his first ACC weekly honors.
- After failing to score at Notre Dame, he returned to Klöckner to net a pair of back-to-back game-winners against ETSU and Louisville. He has scored in four of his last six appearances.