CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 6 Virginia women’s squash team (1-0) will play three road matches this weekend. On Saturday (Nov. 11), UVA plays No. 7 Yale (1-0) at 1 p.m. at the Brady Squash Center in New Haven, Conn. Virginia closes the weekend by taking on No. 10 Columbia (0-0) on Sunday (Nov. 12) at 12 p.m. at SL Green StreetSquash Center in New York, N.Y.
On Friday (Nov. 10), the Cavaliers will face No. 14 Williams (0-0) in a neutral-site match at Yale’s Brady Squash Center at 6:30 p.m. The Williams match will be a scrimmage that will not count toward the rankings.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Live scoring will be available for the matches but no live streams this weekend
- Virginia opened the season last weekend at home with a 9-0 win against Georgetown
- Sophomore Lina Tammam played at the top of the ladder last week with Meagan Best and Maria Moya competing at the PanAm Games in Santiago, Chile
- Freshmen Nili Sprecher and Clare Minnis opened their collegiate careers with 3-0 victories
- Virginia is 0-4 all-time against Yale
- Virginia is 3-3 against Columbia and has won the last three meetings
- The Cavaliers have another three-match road trip next weekend, playing at No. 19 Franklin & Marshall on Friday (Nov. 17), No. 1 Penn on Saturday (Nov. 18) and No. 6 Drexel on Sunday (Nov. 19)