CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s squash team (3-0) plays three road matches this weekend.
On Friday (Nov. 17), the Cavaliers face No. 25 Franklin & Marshall (1-2) at 6 p.m. at the Mayser Center in Lancaster, Pa.
On Saturday (Nov. 18), UVA faces No. 5 Penn (3-0) at 2 p.m. the Penn Squash Center in Philadelphia, Pa.
On Sunday, Virginia takes on No. 6 Drexel (2-1) at 12 p.m. at the Kline & Specter Squash Center in Philadelphia, Pa.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Live scoring and live streams will be available for the matches
- Friday’s match against the Diplomats and Sunday’s match against the Dragons are both MASC contests
- UVA is coming off back-to-back wins against No. 7 Yale and No. 10 Columbia last weekend
- Despite the 3-0 start, UVA dropped one place in the updated CSA rankings to No. 7
- Olivia Walsh, Maureen Foley and Nili Sprecher have all started the season 3-0
- Virginia is 7-0 all-time against Franklin & Marshall, winning the last six meetings by a 9-0 score
- UVA is 2-2 against Penn having won the last two meetings
- UVA is 1-7 against Drexel, with the one victory coming in last year’s CSA Howe Cup A Division championship opening round
- Virginia and Drexel scrimmaged in a preseason match on Oct. 21
- The Cavaliers are off next weekend before hosting No. 1 Harvard on Saturday, Dec. 2 and No. 11 Dartmouth on Sunday, Dec. 3 in their final matches of the calendar year
- Both matches start at noon