CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia volleyball team (10-16, 3-13 ACC) are back in action at Memorial Gymnasium this week to host ACC foe NC State (21-7, 11-6 ACC) on Wednesday (Nov. 22) at 7 p.m.
All matches hosted at Memorial Gymnasium are free to the public.
- Both of Virginia’s matches will be streamed on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) through the ESPN app, which is available through participating TV providers that carry ACC Network.
- Live stats will also be available for both matches and can be accessed through the volleyball schedule page on VirginiaSports.com
- Fans planning to attend Virginia volleyball matches this season are encouraged to park in the Culbreth, Central Grounds or Emmet/Ivy parking garages utilizing the ParkMobile app.
- For more information regarding hourly parking locations and payments, visit virginia.edu/parkmobile.
- This year marks the 45th season of Virginia Volleyball, which held its inaugural season in 1979.
- In 44 complete seasons, UVA is 672-765 (.468)
- The Cavaliers are set to host 14 home matches in 2023.
- Head coach Shannon Wells is in her third season at the helm.
- The Hoos lead the Wolfpack in the all-time series history, 39-36. NC State has won 11 of the previous matchups between the two squads. Earlier this year, NC State swept the Cavaliers in Raleigh; Virginia hit only .059 in the match.
- Virginia leveled the all-time matchup, 40-40, with in-state rivals Virginia Tech earlier this season in a thrilling come-from-behind five set win over the Hokies. The match was held at John Paul Jones Arena, the first volleyball match to be held at the venue, and drew a program record crowd 3,162 fans.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Cavaliers fell in three sets in their last outing with the Duke Blue Devils on Friday (Nov. 16) at Memorial Gymnasium.
- Virginia stayed neck-and-neck with Duke through the first two frames, narrowly falling 23-25 and 27-29, but could not find consistent scoring down the stretch to claim either set. The Blue Devils continued their momentum into the third set, sealing their victory with a 25-14 third set win.