Postgame Notes - Virginia vs. No. 2 Florida State
Nov. 8, 2014
Virginia at Florida State
Nov. 8, 2014
Virginia Postgame Game Notes
Virginia Team Notes
- Virginia is now 3-15 all-time against Florida State.
- Virginia is now 1-9 all-time at Doak Campbell Stadium.
- Virginia is now 2-20-1 all-time against Associated Press Top-5 teams.
- Virginia had three takeaways that led to 20 points. On the season UVa has and ACC-best 24 takeaways that have led to 95 points.
- Florida State had 376 total yards, becoming the ninth FBS team this season that failed to accumulate over 400 yards of total offense.
- UVa scored its first second-half touchdown since the Kent State game.
- UVa gave up eight overall sacks in the first nine games and yielded four against Florida State.
- Kwontie Moore made his first collegiate start at defensive tackle.
- Malcolm Cook made his collegiate debut.
Virginia Offensive Player Notes
- With four receptions, Darius Jennings moves to No. 5 all-time at UVa with 130 career receptions. Jennings passed No. 6 John Ford (128) and No. 5 Perry Jones (129).
- With 45 receiving yards, Jennings (1,612) moves to No. 9 all-time in career receiving yards at UVa. Jennings passed Dave Sullivan (1,578) and Tim Smith (1,591).
- Kevin Parks fumbled on his first carry of the game. It was his first lost fumble since the second quarter of the 2013 Ball State game, 299 carries without a lost fumble.
- Parks extended his consecutive streak for games with a reception to 21.
- Parks had four catches to give him 101 for his career. Parks is the 18th player in UVa history to accumulate at least 100 career receptions.
- Parks is No. 5 all-time at UVa among running backs with 101 career receptions.
Virginia Defensive Player Notes
- With 13 tackles, Quin Blanding surpasses the 100-tackle plateau for the season.
- Blanding’s 102 tackles on the season rank No. 4 all-time at UVa among freshmen.
- Maurice Canady grabbed his team-leading third interception.
- Eli Harold grabbed a tipped pass by Anthony Harris for his second career interception.
- Harold’s interception was the first by a UVa defensive lineman since his first career interception at NC State in 2012.
- Mike Moore recovered his team-leading third fumble.
- Henry Coley tied a career high with 2.0 sacks, matching his output this season vs. UCLA.