Virginia at North Carolina Game Notes
Oct. 24, 2015
- Virginia is now 54-62-4 all-time against North Carolina.
- Virginia is now 12-32-3 all-time against the Tar Heels in Chapel Hill.
- OLB Eric Gallon** made his first career start (**-true freshman).
- Gallon started for Zach Bradshaw who had to sit out the first half because of a targeting penalty against him in overtime of the Syracuse game last week.
- TE Brendan Marshall made his first appearance of the season on Charlie Hopkins’ touchdown reception in the first quarter. It was Marshall’s first career appearance at TE after making the move in the spring from quarterback.
- TE Charlie Hopkins finished the game with career highs in catches (3) and receiving yards (36).
- TB Daniel Hamm’s 53-yard rush in the first quarter was a career long.
- TB Taquan Mizzell finished the game with six catches, giving the junior a catch in 28 straight games.
- Mizzell now has 109 career catches, passing Terry Kirby (105) and Patrick Jeffers (108) for No. 13 all-time in UVA history for career receptions.
- Mizzell finished with 117 rushing yards, his first 100-yard rushing game of his career.
- QB Matt Johns’ finished with one touchdown completion and the junior now has thrown at least one touchdown pass in all 10 of his career starts.
- WR Canaan Severin finished with three receptions, giving the senior a catch in 19 straight games.
- TE Brendan Marshall made his first collegiate catch for five yards in the third quarter.
- With 12 tackles, Quin Blanding has reached double figures in stops for the third time this season and for the eighth time in 19 career games.
- SS Kelvin Rainey had a career-high nine tackles.
- With 10 tackles, ILB Micah Kiser has double-figure tackle games in five of UVA’s seven in 2015.