Post Game Notes
Nov. 19, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
Georgia Tech 31, Virginia 17
Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016
Bobby Dodd Stadium
– Georgia Tech leads the series 20-18-1
– Georgia Tech leads the series in Atlanta 16-7
– UVA trails only Washington State (5) with the most receivers with at least 40 receptions this season. UVA has four: Taquan Mizzell (51), Doni Dowling (47), Olamide Zaccheaus (49) and Keeon Johnson (46).
– Keeon Johnson’s 24-yard reception on UVA’s first offensive play from scrimmage pushed the senior past the 1,000 career receiving yards, making him the 36th Cavalier to reach the plateau.
– With 1,052 career receiving yards Johnson is No 32 all-time at UVA in receiving yards.
– QB Matt Johns made his 16th career start for Virginia and first since the 2015 season finale against Virginia Tech.
– Johns’ passing touchdown to Ryan Santoro was the 30th of his career, giving him sole possession of fifth place in the UVA annals.
– Johns has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 15 of his 16 career starts.
– With 220 passing yards, Johns became the 10th Cavalier to amass 4,000 career passing yards.
– With 220 passing yards, Johns goes over 200-yards passing for the 11th time in his career. He now shares fifth place with Marques Hagans and Michael Rocco for most 200-yard passing games in UVA history.
– TB Taquan Mizzell rushed for a career-high 131 yards, topping his 2015 total at North Carolina. It is the third 100-yard rushing yard game of his career and second of the season (North Carolina).
– With six receptions, Mizzell has at least one reception in 44 straight games. He entered the day with third-longest active streak.
– With 131 rushing yards, Mizzell moved past Gary Helman (1,832) and Kent Merritt (1,905) into 19th place in the UVA record books for career rushing yards. Mizzell now has 1,962 career rushing yards.
– With 45 receiving yards, Mizzell now has 1,562 for his career and ranks No. 10 all-time in the UVA record book.
– TB Daniel Hamm rushed for his first touchdown of 2016 in second quarter. It was his fifth career rushing touchdown and first since the 2015 Georgia Tech game. A redshirt junior, Hamm now has at least one rushing touchdown in four straight seasons (2013-16).
– WR Ryan Santoro’s fourth quarter receiving touchdown was the first of his career.
– WR Doni Dowling had a career-high nine receptions. His previous high was eight at Wake Forest this season.