Feb. 16, 2018
|No. 14 Virginia hosts No. 21 Elon|
|Date/Time||Saturday, February 17, Noon|
|Multimedia/Game Info||– ACC Network Extra|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Klöckner Stadium|
|Additional Information||Ticket Info | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 14 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (0-0) will open the 2018 season by hosting No. 21 Elon (0-1) on Saturday (Feb. 17) at noon at Klöckner Stadium.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the video steam and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia returns seven starters from 2017, including preseason All-ACC selections, senior Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) and juniors Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) and Kaitlin Luzik (Alexandria, Va.).
- The Cavaliers were picked to finish fourth in the ACC Preseason poll.
- Jackson led UVA with 74 points (41 goals, 33 assists), while also leading UVA in ground balls, caused turnovers and draw controls.
- Sophomore Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) was named ACC Freshman of the Year after scoring 37 goals in 2017.
- Virginia brings in 12 newcomers for the 2018 season.
A LOOK AT ELON
Elon opened its season with a 17-9 loss at Duke last weekend. The Phoenix return Stephanie Asher, who scored 58 goals in 2017. Asher and defender Alexis Zadjura were named Preseason All-CAA.
Virginia and Elon met twice last season. The Phoenix edged the Cavaliers in the 2017 season opener, 11-10. The teams later met in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on May 12, with UVA winning 11-9.
Fans may purchase tickets online at VirginiaSports.com or through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for in-person or telephone purchases. Telephone purchases can be made by calling 1-800-542-UVA1 (8821) or locally at 434-924-UVA1 (8821).
Virginia will remain at home to host Richmond on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.