Feb. 20, 2018
|No. 16 Virginia hosts Richmond|
|Date/Time||Wednesday, February 21, 5 p.m.|
|Multimedia/Game Info||– ACC Network Extra|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Klöckner Stadium | Parking Map|
|Additional Information||Ticket Info | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 16 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-0) continues its home stand to begin the 2018 season by hosting Richmond (2-0) on Wednesday (Feb. 21) at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the video stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
Free admission with the Virginia men’s basketball vs. Georgia Tech ticket. Men’s basketball will host Georgia Tech at 7 p.m. at John Paul Jones Arena.
- Virginia opened the season with a 17-4 win over Elon at home.
- The Cavaliers had eight different players score a goal.
- Junior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) led UVA with seven points (four goals, three assists). Senior Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) and sophomore Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) each had hat tricks.
- Freshman Olivia Schildmeyer (Upper Arlington, Ohio) scored two goals in her first collegiate appearance and was one of seven players to make their collegiate debuts.
- UVA’s defense limited the Phoenix to 19 shots, and only eight in the second half. Senior goalkeeper Rachel Vander Kolk (Severna Park, Md.) had 10 saves.
A LOOK AT RICHMOND
Richmond has won its first two games of the season, topping Campbell, 16-5, and American, 13-6. Kim Egizi leads the Spiders with 12 goals and 13 draw controls. Goalkeeper Megan Gianforte has 22 saves with a 3.87 goals against average. Julie Ball is pacing the defensive unit with seven caused turnovers and nine ground balls.
Due to the men’s basketball game vs. Georgia Tech Wednesday night, free parking for the game will be available at the Emmet/Ivy Garage on a first come, first served basis.
Fans may purchase tickets online at VirginiaSports.com or through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for in-person or telephone purchases. Telephone purchases can be made by calling 1-800-542-UVA1 (8821) or locally at 434-924-UVA1 (8821).
Virginia will take its first road trip of the season on Saturday, Feb. 24, to face No. 9 Princeton in Princeton, N.J., at 1 p.m. at Sherrerd Field.