Feb. 23, 2018
|No. 16 Virginia at No. 9 Princeton|
|Date/Time||Saturday, February 24, 1 p.m.|
|Multimedia/Game Info||Livestats – Live Video ($)|
|Location||Princeton, N.J. | Sherrerd Field at Class of 1952 Stadium|
|Additional Information||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 16 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (2-0) makes its first road trip of the season to No. 9 Princeton (1-0) on Saturday (Feb. 24) at 1 p.m. at Sherrerd Field in Princeton, N.J.
TRACK THE MATCH
The game will be streamed live on the Ivy League Network with a subscription required. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia has won its first two games, both at home, after topping Elon and Richmond.
- The Cavaliers are averaging 16.00 goals per game, while limiting opponents to 5.50 goals against.
- Senior Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) and sophomore Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) have each scored seven goals to lead the offense.
- Senior Rachel Vander Kolk (Severna Park, Md.) is averaging 10.50 saves per contest.
- Junior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) has a team-high nine draw controls and six ground balls.
Princeton opened its season with a 17-4 victory over Temple on Saturday, Feb. 17. The Tigers return Tess D’Orsi, who tallied 38 goals as a freshman and scored a career-high five goals in the season opener. Mary Murphy earned Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week honors after helping limit Temple to 16 shots with four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
Princeton has won the last two meetings between the schools. Virginia leads the series 19-18, but the Tigers are 10-5 in games played at Princeton.
Virginia returns home for a three-game home stand beginning with William & Mary on Wednesday, Feb. 28, at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.