March 27, 2018
|No. 7 Virginia hosts Canisius|
|Date/Time||Wednesday, March 28, 5 p.m.|
|Multimedia/Game Info||– ACC Network Extra|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Klöckner Stadium|
|Additional Information||Ticket Info | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (7-2) hosts Canisius (4-4) on Wednesday (March 28) at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the video stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia is playing the first of two home games this week after three-straight on the road. The Cavaliers have won back-to-back road ACC games, most recently defeating then-No. 20 Duke, 12-8.
- UVA has five players ranked in the top-four individually among ACC players:
- Sophomore Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.C.) is second in the ACC in free position goals per game (1.22).
- Senior Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) is second in free position percentage (.778) and Mueller is third (.688).
- Junior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) is second in the league in ground balls per game (2.89).
- Junior Kaitlin Luzik (Alexandria, Va.) is third in the conference in caused turnovers per game (1.67).
- Junior Avery Shoemaker (Wyndmoor, Pa.) ranks fourth in goals per game (3.13).
Canisius has won three straight games heading into Wednesday. The Golden Griffins most recently defeated Manhattan, 11-8. Jourdan Roemer leads the team with 31 points on 18 goals and 13 assists. Jen Reininger has a team-high 22 goals, 32 ground balls, 38 draw controls and 14 caused turnovers. Goalkeeper Rebecca VanLaeken has 93 saves with an 11.54 goals against average.
This is the first meeting for Virginia and Canisius.
Fans may purchase tickets online at VirginiaSports.com or through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for in-person or telephone purchases. Telephone purchases can be made by calling 1-800-542-UVA1 (8821) or locally at 434-924-UVA1 (8821).
Virginia will continue play at home as it hosts No. 3 Boston College on Saturday, March 31 at noon at Klöckner Stadium in a double-header with Virginia men’s lacrosse which is set for 3 p.m. Fans can attend both games with a ticket for either game.