April 13, 2018
|No. 11 Virginia at Louisville|
|Date/Time||Saturday, April 14, 12 p.m.|
|Multimedia/Game Info||Live stats – ACC Network Extra|
|Location||Louisville, Ky. | UofL Lacrosse Stadium|
|Additional Information||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 11 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (8-6, 3-2 ACC) is back in Atlantic Coast Conference action at Louisville (6-8, 0-5 ACC) on Saturday (April 14) at noon at the UofL Lacrosse Stadium.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia is coming off a 16-13 loss at No. 13 Navy on Wednesday.
- Sophomore Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) scored a career-high seven points with six goals and one assist. Mueller leads UVA with 52 points this season.
- This is the third ACC road game for the Cavaliers. UVA is 2-0 on the road this season with wins at then-No. 21 Notre Dame and then-No. 20 Duke.
- Virginia is fourth in the ACC with 14.21 goals per game and second with a .416 shot percentage.
- The Cavaliers lead the conference in caused turnovers, averaging 8.86 per game.
Louisville is coming off a 16-6 loss against North Carolina. The Cardinals are averaging 13.07 goals per game, while allowing 13.15 goals against. Louisville leads the league in ground balls with 19.36 per game. Caroline Blalock leads UofL with 49 points on 37 goals and 12 assists while also leading with 22 caused turnovers and has 33 draws with 37 ground balls. Alex McNicholas has a team-high 52 draw controls. Lexi Balls has 123 saves in goal with a 13.27 goals against average.
Virginia and Louisville are meeting for just the fifth time in series history. The first meeting came in 2015 when the Cardinals joined the ACC. UVA has won all four previous meetings. The Cavaliers won 11-7 last season in Charlottesville and edged the Cardinals 10-9 in the final seconds in the last meeting at Louisville on April 16, 2016.
Virginia will play its final home game of the regular season on Wednesday, April 18, when it hosts No. 4 James Madison at 7 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.