The Cavaliers and Orange open a two-game series today at 3 p.m. with an ACC contest that will air on the ACC Network. The teams will play in a non-conference game on Sunday, Oct. 4 at noon that will be streamed online on ACCNX.
Due to health and safety considerations in addition to the current guidelines established for sports venues by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance at UVA home competitions is limited to family of student-athletes and each team’s coaching staff until further notice. There is no public admission to these events and all tailgating in University parking lots is prohibited. Gates will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the match. Masks are required for fans attending the event and all fans are asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Friday’s game will count toward the Atlantic Coast Conference standings. Sunday’s game is a non-conference contest
- Friday’s game is the season-opener for Syracuse after having a series against Duke postponed two weeks ago
- Virginia has been picked to finish second in the preseason ACC Coaches’ poll
- Syracuse is picked to finish sixth, but did receive one first-place vote
- Virginia has won the last four meetings between the two teams
- Three of the last five meetings have been decided in overtime
LAST MEETING: Sept. 20, 2019: UVA 2, Syracuse 0
ALL-TIME SERIES: Virginia leads 7-3. UVA had won the last four meetings
PREVIOUS THREE MEETINGS