The Cavaliers and Orange close out a weekend two-game series with non-conference game today at noon that will be streamed online on ACCNX.
Due to health and safety considerations in addition to the current guidelines established for sports venues by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance at UVA home competitions is limited to family of student-athletes and each team’s coaching staff until further notice. There is no public admission to these events and all tailgating in University parking lots is prohibited. Gates will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the match. Masks are required for fans attending the event and all fans are asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Friday’s game counted toward the Atlantic Coast Conference standings. Sunday’s game is a non-conference contest
- Friday’s game was the season-opener for Syracuse after having a series against Duke postponed two weeks ago
- Virginia won Friday’s match on a goal in the final two minutes of play, scored by Laura Janssen
- Virginia has been picked to finish second in the preseason ACC Coaches’ poll
- Syracuse is picked to finish sixth, but did receive one first-place vote