No. 16 Virginia (4-3) will be back at Disharoon Park on Tuesday (March 2) for a non-conference matchup against George Washington (0-0). The midweek tilt will be broadcast live on ACCNX with first pitch scheduled for 3 p.m.
- George Washington will open up its 2021 season on Tuesday, the second-straight week a UVA opponent will begin its 2021 campaign at Disharoon Park.
- The Cavaliers are 3-1 against non-conference opponents this season and have won 17-straight midweek games dating back to the 2019 season.
- Virginia has won 10-straight games against the Colonials dating back to 2009 and 15 of 16 meetings against George Washington under Brian O’Connor.
- Tuesday will be the first of two meetings the season between George Washington and Virginia. The Cavaliers will travel to Arlington, Va. on March 30, their first road game against the Colonials since 2006.
- Lefthander Nate Savino will make his fifth career start on the in a Cavalier uniform on Tuesday.
- Last Tuesday against VMI, the second year allowed one earned run and pitched into the fourth inning and was lifted after a leadoff single. He struck out five batters, a new career-high, while walking only one in a no-decision.
- Prior to the season Baseball America included Savino as the No. 55 player on its Top 150 College Players list.