The Cavaliers return to action on Wednesday afternoon, hosting the High Point Panthers at Klöckner Stadium. Faceoff is set for 3 p.m. UVA is ranked No. 8 in this week’s USILA coaches poll and No. 9 in the Inside Lacrosse media polls. High Point is No. 19 in both the coaches and media polls.
Live stats will be available at VirginiaSports.com. The game will be televised live on ACC Network. Anish Shroff will call the play-by-play, while Quint Kessenich will provide analysis. ACC Network will also simulcast the broadcast on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN.com/watch. There will be a live radio broadcast in the Charlottesville area on WINA 1070 AM and 98.9 FM. Luke Neer will provide the play-by-play and Doug Tarring will add analysis.
• UVA and High Point are meeting for the sixth season in a row and for the fifth time at Klöckner Stadium.
• Matt Moore needs eight goals to become the 19th Cavalier in program history to reach 100 career goals.
• Charlie Bertrand has at least one goal in all 62 game of his college career. His active goal streak and point streak are the longest in the nation among all DI players. His 62 goal-scoring streak is a collegiate record spanning DI, DII and DIII lacrosse.
• UVA is No. 9 in the nation in caused turnovers per game (9.75), No. 2 in the nation in opponent clearing percentage (.709) and No. 3 in the nation in ground balls per game (41.25)
• FO Petey LaSalla is No. 8 in the nation with 8.25 ground balls per game and No. 16 in faceoff winning percentage with a 61.3 percent success rate.
• Payton Cormier leads UVA with 14 goals in just four games. He had 12 goals in UVA’s six games in 2020. Cormier also has at least a hat-trick in six of his 10 career games.
ALL-TIME SERIES: UVA leads the all-time series, 3-2
PREVIOUS THREE MEETINGS