Virginia (6-5) commences an eight-game stretch at home on Tuesday (March 9) when it hosts Richmond (5-2) at Disharoon Park. First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m. and the midweek contest will air live on ACCNX.
- After playing six of the last seven games on the road, Virginia will play eight-straight at home, the longest stretch of the season.
- In the month of March, the Cavaliers are scheduled to play 12 games at Disharoon Park and five away from Charlottesville.
- Virginia has won 18-straight midweek games going into Tuesday’s non-conference tilt.
- The Cavaliers come into the game having allowed three or less runs in eight of the first 11 games.
- At Disharoon Park this season, Virginia has won four of five games. Dating back to last season, the Cavaliers are 17-3 in the last 20 games at home.
- Tuesday will mark the 149th meeting between Richmond and Virginia in a series that was first played 1889.