The Cavaliers return to action on Thursday night, hosting the North Carolina Tar Heels at Klöckner Stadium. Faceoff is set for 7 p.m. UVA is ranked No. 8 in this week’s USILA coaches and Inside Lacrosse media polls. UNC is No 1 in the coaches poll and No. 2 in the media poll.
Live stats will be available at VirginiaSports.com. The game will be televised live on ACC Network. Chris Cotter will call the play-by-play, while Paul Carcaterra will provide analysis. ACC Network will also simulcast the broadcast on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN.com/watch. There will be a live radio broadcast in the Charlottesville area on WINA 1070 AM and 98.9 FM. Luke Neer will provide the play-by-play and Doug Tarring will add analysis.
• UVA is hosting the No. 1 team in the nation for the first time since 2011 (Syracuse). UVA last played the No. 1 team in the nation in a 2013 meeting for the ACC title at No. 1 UNC.
• The last time UVA and UNC met was in the 2019 ACC Tournament, which also serves as the Tar Heels’ last loss. UNC is 13-0 since.
• Matt Moore needs five goals to become the 19th Cavalier in program history to reach 100 career goals.
• Charlie Bertrand has at least one goal in all 64 game of his college career. His active goal streak and point streak are the longest in the nation among all DI players. His 64 goal-scoring streak is a collegiate record spanning DI, DII and DIII lacrosse.
• UVA is No. 7 in the nation in caused turnovers per game (11.0), No. 2 in the nation in opponent clearing percentage (.683) and No. 1 in the nation in ground balls per game (46.76).
• FO Petey LaSalla is No. 14 in the nation with 7.67 ground balls per game and No. 22 in faceoff winning percentage with a 63.0 percent success rate.
• Payton Cormier leads UVA with 14 goals in just six games. He had 12 goals in UVA’s six games in 2020. Cormier also has at least a hat-trick in six of his 12 career games.
ALL-TIME SERIES: UVA leads, 53-31
PREVIOUS THREE MEETINGS
|2019||A (ACC SF)||W, 14-13|