Virginia (7-8) continues its homestand on Wednesday (March 17) when Towson (2-12) comes to Disharoon Park for a non-conference tilt. First pitch is set for 4 p.m. and the contest will air live on ACCNX.
- Virginia comes into Wednesday’s meeting against Towson with a 19-game midweek winning streak that dates back to the 2019 season.
- Virginia has won 15-straight games against Towson and own a 21-2 overall mark in the all-time series that was first played in 1982.
- All 23 meetings between the two schools have occurred in Charlottesville and all but three games have occurred in the Brian O’Connor era.
- No one on Virginia’s current roster was on the 2017 team that came away with a midweek sweep of the Tigers. Eight pitchers combined for a two-hitter in the series finale, an 8-4 Cavalier victory
- Junior Billy Price will make his fifth career start on the mound the first since April 24, 2019 where he pitched the first 1.2 innings of a 2-1 victory over James Madison at Disharoon Park. The lefthander has not factored in a decision in his 14 collegiate appearances.
- The Virginia pitching staff has 180 total strikeouts, the fifth most of any school in the country. The 12.9 strikeout/9 innings ratio is the eighth-highest in the country.
- Through 15 games this season Virginia pitchers have struck out 10 or more batters 11 times.