Virginia (22-20) will play the final game of a home-and-home midweek series on Tuesday (May 4) when it hosts VCU (27-14) at Disharoon Park. The game will be carried live on ACCNX and is scheduled for a 6:45 p.m. first pitch.
- Virginia enters Tuesday with wins in five of its last seven games.
- In non-conference action this season, Virginia has a 9-3 and 7-2 against midweek opponents in 2021. One of the two blemishes in the midweek came on the road at VCU on April 20.
- The Cavaliers have 13 wins in 24 home games this season and are 5-0 at Disharoon Park against midweek opponents.
- Dating back to 2019, Virginia has won 14-straight games against midweek opponents at home.
- VCU comes into the matchup winners of 11-straight games, the second longest win streak in college baseball (Northeastern – 13 games)
- The Rams took the first game of the home-and-home midweek series, 5-3 at the Diamond in Richmond on April 20. VCU jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning and used a pair of solo homers late in the game to seal the victory.
- The last four meetings between the Cavaliers and Rams have been decided by one or two runs.
- Virginia is 46-23 all-time against VCU in a series that was first played in 1979, a 17-4 win in Charlottesville.
- The Cavaliers have won five of the last seven meetings against the Rams
- Virginia swept the home-and-home series in 2019 with a pair of one-run victories.
- Under head coach Brian O’Connor, Virginia is 21-4 against VCU.