KICKOFF AT 11 A.M. ON ACC NETWORK
A Note to Fans Attending Today’s Game
Due to staffing shortages in several service areas at Scott Stadium, the Virginia athletics department asks fans for patience on game day as lines and wait times may be longer than usual. We appreciate your support and understanding as we welcome fans back to Scott Stadium.
A number of activities are planned for Saturday’s “Heroes Day” Game
- Arrive early for the pregame F-22 flyover conducted by two UVA alumni – US Air Force Captain Chelsea Bailey, UVA Class of 2012 and US Air Force Captain Nate Jewell, UVA Class of 2016 – from Langley Air Force Base.
- There will be a joint presentation of the colors and a pre-game moment of silence in remembrance of the 20th anniversary of 9/11.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Cavalier Marching Band in collaboration with University Singers choral group
- There will be a ceremonial coin toss by Lt. General Chuck Pede, who is a double Hoo and recently retired as the Judge Advocate General of the United States Army.
- The patriotic-themed halftime show will include the unfurling of large American flag.
- During the game there will be recognitions of UVA undergrad veterans.
- Also during the game, HooVision will feature video messages from military and first responders.
9 a.m. – Fan Fest opens outside AFC
9:30 a.m. – Gates Open