CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia (2-0) is seeking its third consecutive win of the season when the Cavaliers host William & Mary (0-3) on Wednesday (Nov. 15). Tipoff from John Paul Jones Arena is set for 7 p.m. on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX).
The Hoos enter Wednesday’s contest undefeated (13-0) against non-conference opponents under the direction of Amaka Agugua-Hamilton, who is in her second year as Virginia head coach.
- Wednesday’s contest will stream on ACCNX on espn.com/watch and the ESPN app.
- The game will also be broadcast on WINA (98.9FM/1070AM), VirginiaSports.com and the Virginia Sports mobile app.
- Live statistics will be provided through Statbroadcast, which can be accessed on VirginiaSports.com and the UVA Sports mobile app.
- Virginia leads the all-time series against the Tribe, which began in 1974-75, 12-0.
- UVA won last year’s matchup in Williamsburg, 83-54, when the Cavaliers posted two 14-2 runs in the second and fourth quarters. Mir McLean logged a double-double in the first half and finishing with 22 points and a career-high 17 rebounds. Sam Brunelle added 13 points.
- Wednesday’s contest marks the third consecutive season in which the two teams have gone head-to-head.
Last Time Out
- Despite trailing by six at halftime, the Cavaliers roared back to trounce Campbell 74-49 this past Sunday (Nov. 12).
- UVA held the Fighting Camels to just 14 second-half points, including five in the fourth quarter.
- Five different Cavaliers scored in double figures: Camryn Taylor (16), Kymora Johnson (15), London Clarkson (12), Jillian Brown (12) and Alexia Smith (12).
- With the win, UVA improved to 13-0 against non-conference opponents under the direction of head coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton.
Everybody Wants Some
- After finishing fourth in the ACC in attendance (3,489) in 2022-23, UVA set a program record for season tickets sold this offseason after adding over 1,000 new season ticket holders this year.
- Last season, Virginia also hosted 6,378 fans for National Girls and Women in Sports Day and Senior Day, which marked the highest attendance for a UVA women’s basketball non-field trip day game since 2011.
On The Horizon
- Virginia returns to John Paul Jones Arena to host No. 25 Oklahoma on Sunday (Nov. 19). for its first ranked matchup of the season.
- Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. on ACC Network (ACCN).
- Fans can also tune in live on WINA (98.9FM/1070AM).
Virginia head coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton met with media Tuesday afternoon (Nov 14).