CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 7 Virginia women’s soccer team (9-1-0, 1-0-0 ACC) returns to the road in ACC play on Sunday (Sept. 26) when the Cavaliers travel to take on the NC State Wolfpack (4-4-2, 0-2-0 ACC) in a 1 p.m. match at the Dail Soccer Field.
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Sunday’s match against NC State will be streamed on ACCNX and is available through the ESPN app and at ESPN.com. Live stats will also be available for the match. Links to the stream and live stats are also available at VirigniaSports.com. Fans can get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAWomenSoccer).
• Virginia is 2-0-0 in the ACC after posting a 1-0 victory over No. 2 Duke on Thursday night at Klöckner Stadium.
• The Cavaliers have posted back-to-back shutouts to start ACC play with 1-0 victories over Wake Forest.
• Diana Ordoñez has hit both goals in the wins over the Demon Deacons and the Blue Devils.
• Ordoñez now has nine goals on the season and 18 points to lead the Virginia offense.
• The junior forward now has four game-winning goals this season and 11 for her career.
• With the back-to-back shutouts, Laurel Ivory now has 38 shutouts for her career and is the NCAA active leader in shutouts across all divisions. She also holds a 60-16-11 record.
• The win over the Blue Devils on Thursday was UVA’s seventh win over a top-10 opponent the last three seasons.
• NC State and UVA have two common foes in Oklahoma and Penn State – having faced both in Charlottesville at the Virginia Invitational. Both teams beat Oklahoma and fell to Penn State.
• The game against the Wolfpack is the first of four straight on the road in ACC play for the Cavaliers.
THE SERIES WITH NC STATE
• Virginia and NC State meet for the 43rd time when the teams face off on Sunday afternoon.
• The Cavaliers lead the all-time series 27-12-3 and lead 11-5-3 in road games and are 3-1-2 at Dail Soccer Stadium.
• The last two meetings between the Wolfpack and the Cavaliers at NC State have resulted in scoreless draws.
• In the last meeting, the teams played to a scoreless draw at Dail Soccer Stadium in the 2019 season.
• Virginia leads 8-0-2 in the last 10 meetings with the Wolfpack.
A LOOK AT THE WOLFPACK
• NC State is 4-4-2 on the year and is 0-2-0 in ACC play after falling to Virginia Tech and No. 22 Clemson.
• The Wolfpack are led in scoring by Jameese Joseph with four goals and an assist for nine points.
• Lulu Guttenberger is the leading ball distributor with four assists. She has two goals for eight total points.
• In goal, Maria Echezarreta has 22 saves with 10 goals allowed and has posted two shutouts.