DATE: November 19, 2022
LOCATION: John Paul Jones Arena
MEMORIAL SERVICE WILL BEGIN AT 3:30 P.M.
Doors Open at 2 p.m.
Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis
PARKING AND BUSES
- Parking will be available in the John Paul Jones Arena parking lot and garage, the West Lot (across the street from the arena), the Emmet/Ivy Parking Garage (a 10-minute walk to the arena), and the Scott Stadium parking lots.
- The University Transit Service will operate a special shuttle from Scott Stadium to JPJ to accommodate overflow parking. Buses will pick up attendees on both the East and West sides of Scott Stadium. The shuttle will start at 2 p.m. and run for 90 minutes following the event.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
The clear bag policy will be in effect at all three locations and all guests will be screened. Walk-through and hand-held metal detectors will be the primary means of screening. For more information about the policy, please click here.
ALTERNATE VIEWING LOCATIONS
- We expect max capacity at John Paul Jones Arena for this event so we have established alternate viewing locations on Grounds and in the community.
- Overflow seating will be available at Klöckner Stadium (dress appropriately since seating is outside) and in Old Cabell Hall Auditorium. These venues will also open at 2:00 p.m.
- A live broadcast of the ceremony will be shown at Mt. Zion First African Baptist Church located at 105 Lankford Avenue. Doors will open at 2:00 p.m.
- In the Charlottesville area, WVIR-TV (NBC 29) will broadcast the ceremony live on CW29: UVA (Channel 29.3 on your antenna, Channel 32 on Dish or Channel 812 on Comcast).
- METV Charlottesville will also carry the ceremony live (Over the air channel 27.2, Channel 247 on Dish or Channel 210 on Comcast).