CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 1 Virginia women’s and No. 11 Virginia men’s swimming and diving teams will host Virginia Tech’s women’s and No. 19 men’s teams for a 2 p.m. dual meet on Saturday (Jan. 14) with diving beginning at 11 a.m. at the Aquatic and Fitness Center.
HOW TO WATCH
The meet will be streamed live on ACCNX and live results will be available on Meet Mobile.
- Virginia will honor its 14 seniors prior to the swimming portion of the meet at 2 p.m.
- UVA’s seniors that will be recognized are Jennifer Bell, Charlotte Bowen, Ella Collins, Sean Conway, Lexi Cuomo, Maddie Donohoe, Kate Douglass, Max Edwards, Josh Fong, Caroline Kulp, August Lamb, Ella Nelson, Jack Wright and Jaycee Yegher.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Virginia’s fall competition featured some of the top teams in the country, with dual meets against Texas and Florida.
- UVA’s women returned to the No. 1 ranking in the CSCAA poll after winning 12 events at the Tennessee Invite in November.
- The Cavaliers hold five of the top times in the country so far this season.
- Sophomore Gretchen Walsh already has four NCAA “A” times this season (50 free, 100 free, 100 back, 100 fly).
- Senior Kate Douglass has NCAA “A” times in three events (50 free, 200 breast, 100 fly), junior Alex Walsh has “A” standards in the 200 breast and senior Ella Nelson has recorded an NCAA “A” time in the 400 IM.
- UVA’s men own the tops times in the ACC in five events.
- Junior Noah Nichols owns the conference-best times this season in both the 100 and 200 breaststroke.
AGAINST VIRGINIA TECH
- Virginia split the dual with Virginia Tech last season. UVA’s women won 193-107, while the men fell 113-187.
- Carles Coll Marti owns the top time in the ACC this season in the men’s 400 IM.
- Youssef Ramadan ranks just behind UVA’s Matt King for the second-fastest time in the ACC in the 100 free this season.
Virginia will close out the dual meet season with a tri-meet against North Carolina and NC State Jan. 21-22.