CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 1 Virginia women’s and No. 11 Virginia men’s swimming and diving teams will compete in a two-day meet with North Carolina and NC State. All three teams will compete on Friday (Jan. 20) in Chapel Hill, N.C. and on Saturday (Jan. 21) in NC State, N.C.
HOW TO WATCH
Both days will be streamed live on ACCNX with links for the live streams available on VirginiaSports.com.
IN THE RANKINGS
- NC State’s women are ranked No. 4 and men are ranked No. 5 in the latest CSCAA poll.
- North Carolina’s women’s team is ranked No. 17 and the men are receiving votes.
- The women’s meet will feature some of the top times in the country. The top five times in the 100 back in the ACC belong to swimmers from the three teams.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Virginia is coming off a split dual meet with Virginia Tech on Saturday (Jan. 14).
- The Cavalier women’s team won 207-91. Senior Jen Bell highlighted the day with a sweep of the diving events to earn ACC Women’s Diver of the Week honors.
- Senior Ella Nelson, junior Alex Walsh and sophomore Gretchen Walsh each won two events.
- UVA has the top times in the ACC in 10 of the 12 individual events.
- On the men’s side, Virginia leads the ACC in three events.
- Senior Jack Wright won two events for the Cavaliers in the dual with the Hokies.
AGAINST NORTH CAROLINA
- North Carolina’s men rank in the top five in the ACC in five events.
- UNC’s women’s team rank in the top five in the ACC in five events, with Grace Countie owning two of those times. She currently ranks third in the 50 free.
AGAINST NC STATE
- NC State’s men have seven of the top times in the ACC this season, with a different swimmer owning each of those times.
- The Wolfpack women rank in the top 10 in the ACC in 10 events.
This will close out the dual-meet season for the Cavaliers. UVA will host the Cavalier Invite as a last chance meet Feb. 3-5.