NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Freshman Kome Ubogu scored in the final minute of Virginia men’s soccer’s (3-6-1, 0-4-0 ACC) 2-1 loss at Notre Dame (5-4-1, 2-1-1 ACC) on Friday night at Alumni Stadium.
22’ – ND: Mohamed Omar (Michael Pellegrino)
64’ – ND: Jack Lynn (Dawson McCartney)
90’ – UVA: Kome Ubogu (Asparuh Slavov)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Notre Dame was on the board first on a corner kick when Mohamed Omar sent a header into the net.
- Virginia took three shots in the first half.
- The Irish added to its lead with a goal by Jack Lynn in the 64th minute.
- UVA did not have a shot in the second half until Ubogu sent the strike in over the ND keeper just under the crossbar. Freshman Asparuh Slavov dribbled the ball towards the right side of the field to find the open Ubogu.
- Ubogu scored his third goal in the last two matches. He leads UVA with three goals on the season.
- Slavov recorded his first assist of the season.
- Notre Dame led in shots (16-4) and corners (9-2). The Irish controlled possession 71 percent of the game.
- Holden Brown finished with five saves for the Cavaliers.
- Paul Wiese, Oliver Gerbig, Andreas Ueland and Brown played in all 90 minutes.
Virginia returns home to host UNC Wilmington on Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.