CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (23-21, 9-9 ACC) closes out the home portion of the 2022 schedule this weekend when the Cavaliers host Pittsburgh (14-21, 2-14 ACC) in a three-game series at Palmer Park. Friday’s game begins at 4 p.m. while Saturday’s game will begin at 1 p.m. and Sunday’s finale is set for a noon start.
PROMOTIONS AND TICKETS
• Tickets are available at UVATix.com and fans get discounted tickets with advance purchase online
• Youth (ages 18 and under) can attend all remaining regular season softball games for free in general admission seating based on availability. To claim free youth tickets, fans are REQUIRED to purchase a minimum of one paid adult ticket (maximum of four youth tickets per paid adult ticket). The offer is online only and not available at the box office.
• Saturday’s game will be Alumni Day with past members of the Virginia softball team in attendance and recognized at the game. Football season ticket holders are also invited to purchase tickets at a discounted rate to attend prior to the Blue-White game.
• Sunday’s game is Senior Day with the Hoos recognizing nine seniors after the game. It is Teacher Appreciation Day and area teachers can claim complimentary tickets at https://wahoowa.net/TeacherAppreciation.
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Friday’s game will be broadcast on ACC Network, while Saturday and Sunday’s games will be streamed on ACCNX. All three games can be streamed through the ESPN app and at ESPN.com. Live stats are also available for all three games. Links to the live streams and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVASoftball).
NOTING THE HOOS
• Virginia closes out the home portion of its 2022 schedule this weekend with its three-game series against the Pittsburgh Panthers at Palmer Park.
• UVA is coming off three consecutive series against nationally-ranked foes, including two against teams ranked No. 2 nationally at the time of the meeting.
• Virginia continues to be second in the ACC in fielding percentage (.976) and ranks 13th nationally.
• Leah Boggs leads the ACC in runners caught stealing (12) and is 15th nationally
• Madison Harris’s five saves is tops in the ACC this year and ranks fourth nationally. It ties her for the most saves in a season at UVA with Coty Tolar (2006).
• Leah Boggs leads UVA in batting average (.288) and is one of four with 20+ RBI this year.
• Katie Goldberg leads the Hoos in RBI (28), while Sarah Coon leads in walks (21).
THE SERIES WITH PITTSBURGH
• Virginia and Pittsburgh have met on the softball field 22 times with UVA leading the series 12-10 over Pitt.
• The teams met in ACC pod play in Raleigh last season with UVA taking the series 2-1 over the Panthers.
• Virginia and Pitt last met in Charlottesville 2019 season with the Hoos sweeping the three-game series.
• Virginia is 6-0 all-time against the Panthers in games played at home.
• The Cavaliers have won five of the last six games in the series.