CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (11-4) continues play at home this week with a doubleheader against Radford (6-6) on Tuesday (Feb. 28). First pitch in game one of the doubleheader is set for 4 p.m. at Palmer Park.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at UVATix.com. Fans who have tickets to the men’s basketball game against Clemson on Tuesday night are able to show their basketball ticket at the gate to receive a free general admission ticket to the games against Radford.HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Tuesday’s doubleheader will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through WatchESPN.com and the ESPN app. Live stats are also available. Links to both are at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVASoftball).
Fans planning to attend the games against Radford should be mindful of additional traffic on Grounds due to the men’s basketball game against Clemson at 7 p.m. and baseball against VMI at 3 p.m. Parking for softball is available at the Emmett/Ivy Garage with shuttles to the ticket booth at the entrance to Palmer Park.
• Virginia is coming off a 5-0 weekend as the Cavaliers hosted the Commonwealth Clash this past weekend.
• The Hoos out-scored opponents 47-to-4 and posted four run-rule victories, including three shutouts.
• Jade Hylton hit her first collegiate grand slam in the weekend finale against George Washington and was the first grand slam of the season for the Hoos.
• MC Eaton continued to hold the team lead in home runs with her fourth of the year against George Washington.
• Molly Grube helped lead the pitching staff on the weekend with a 2-0 record as she did not allow an earned run.
• Eden Bigham and Jenny Bressler also picked up wins with Bigham leading the team with a team-high 14 strikeouts on the weekend. Bressler held opponents to a 0.56 batting average against for the tournament.
• The Hoos were also effective on the basepath, stealing a program-high 10 bases against Howard and went 18-for-18 on steal attempts for the weekend.
• UVA also drew 34 walks on the weekend, including a program record of 14 walks against Maryland Easton Shore.
THE SERIES WITH RADFORD
• Virginia and Radford have faced each other 42 times with the Cavaliers leading the overall series 23-19.
• Tuesday’s games will mark the first meeting between the teams since a single game in the 2021 season.
• Virginia won that 2021 meeting by a score of 2-1 at Palmer Park.
• In that game, Mikaila Fox drove in Tori Gilbert in the fourth inning for what would prove to be the deciding run.