CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 10 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (4-0, 1-0 ACC) hosts Clemson (4-1, 0-1 ACC) on Friday afternoon for a 5 p.m. opening draw at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO FOLLOW
The game will be streamed live on ACCNX. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia and Clemson are meeting for the first time.
- This is Clemson’s inaugural year as a program.
ACC WEEKLY AWARDS
- Sophomore Rachel Clark was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week (Feb. 28) after scoring a career-high seven goals in UVA’s win over then-No. 23 Louisville.
HOT START FOR HOOS
- Virginia has opened the season with a 4-0 start, three of those wins coming against ranked opponents.
- The last time UVA started the season 4-0 was 2021, when the Cavaliers opened the season 5-0 win three wins over ranked teams.
- UVA had opened the season 4-0 four-straight seasons leading up to the 2022 season.
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia ranks second in the NCAA in draw controls, averaging 20.25 per game.
- The Cavaliers lead the ACC in shots per game (40.0) and are second in free position percentage (.556).
- Junior Aubrey Williams is second in the ACC and fourth nationally with 9.25 draws per game.
- Clark leads the ACC and is third nationally in goals per game (5.0).
- Graduate student Ashlyn McGovern leads the ACC and is 15th in the NCAA in free position goals per game (1.25).
Virginia hosts Elon on Sunday (March 5) at noon at Klöckner Stadium.