CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – For the 15th consecutive time the Virginia men’s golf team has received a bid to the NCAA Regional Championships. The Cavaliers were awarded the number No. 3 seed among 14 teams at the regional championship site at Bear’s Best Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nev.
A total of 81 teams are competing at six regional sites May 15-17 with the top five teams and top individual (not qualifying with a team) advancing to the NCAA Championships set for May 26-31 at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The regional berth marks the 26th time since 1990 the Cavaliers have competed in postseason play. Virginia is looking to advance to the NCAA Championships for the 17th time in its history. In last year’s Yale Regional UVA tied for sixth place.
The field for the Las Vegas Regional includes (listed by seed): 1. Arizona State, 2. Stanford, 3. Virginia, 4. Oklahoma State, 5. Northwestern, 6. East Tennessee State, 7. Cincinnati, 8. San Francisco, 9. UNC Greensboro, 10. Long Beach State, 11. Oregon State, 12. Davidson, 13. Kansas City, 14. Lehigh.
Virginia is one of nine ACC schools participating in this year’s championship. Also making the tournament this year are: Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, NC State, North Carolina, and Wake Forest.
The Cavaliers enter the postseason ranked No. 16 by Golfstat.
NCAA Regional Sites and Field
The Auburn Regional will be played at the Auburn University Course in Auburn, Ala.
1. Vanderbilt, 2. Tennessee, 3. Auburn, 4. Colorado State, 5. Ohio State, 6. Washington, 7. TCU, 8. Chattanooga, 9. Houston, 10. Marquette, 11. Indiana, 12. Augusta, 13. Siena
The Bath Regional will be played at Eagle Eye Golf Club in Bath, Mich.
1. Illinois, 2. Florida, 3. Texas, 4. Oregon, 5. Kansa State, 6. Georgia, 7. Liberty, 8. San Diego, 9. Ark-Little Rock, 10. Michigan State, 11. Wisconsin, 12. Illinois State, 13. Purdue Ft. Wayne
Las Vegas Regional
The Las Vegas Regional will be played at Bear’s Best Las Vegas, in Las Vegas, Nev.
1. Arizona State, 2. Stanford, 3. Virginia, 4. Oklahoma State, 5. Northwestern, 6. East Tennessee State, 7. Cincinnati, 8. San Francisco, 9. UNC Greensboro, 10. Long Beach State, 11. Oregon State, 12. Davidson, 13. Kansas City, 14. Lehigh
Morgan Hill Regional
The Morgan Hill Regional will be played at The Institute Golf Club in Morgan Hill, Calif.
1. Pepperdine, 2. Florida State, 3. Mississippi State, 4. Arizona, 5. Louisville, 6. Baylor, 7. Missouri, 8. Houston 9. BYU, 10. NC State, 11. California, 12. Charlotte, 13. Grand Canyon, 14. Northern Colorado
The Norman Hill Regional will be played at Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club in Norman, Okla.
1. Texas Tech, 2. Oklahoma, 3. Alabama, 4. Ole Miss, 5. Wake Forest, 6. Duke, 7. LSU, 8. North Florida, 9. Colorado, 10. Kansas, 11. UNC Wilmington, 12. Louisiana, 13. Princeton, 14. Ark.-Pine Bluff
The Salem Regional will be played at the The Cliffs at Keowee Falls in Salem, S.C.
1. North Carolina, 2. Georgia Tech, 3. Texas A&M, 4. San Diego State, 5. Georgia Southern, 6. Arkansas, 7. Purdue, 8. New Mexico, 9. Clemson, 10. Furman, 11. Middle Tennessee, 12. Northern Illinois, 13. Long Island, 14. Longwood