CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia softball team (30-21, 8-16 ACC) opens play at the ACC Tournament on Wednesday (May 10) when the eighth-seeded Cavaliers take on ninth-seeded Syracuse (23-25-1, 7-15-1 ACC) in first-round action.
First pitch is set for 1 p.m. and will be broadcast on ACC Network. Notre Dame is hosting the 2023 ACC Softball Championships at Melissa Cook Stadium. The single-elimination tournament begins with two games on Wednesday and runs through the championship game on Saturday (May 13).
The winner of Wednesday’s game will advance to face top-seeded Florida State on Thursday (May 11).
NOTING THE HOOS
- Virginia earns its 26th appearance in the ACC Championships with the berth in the 2023 Championships.
- This is the fourth appearance for the Cavaliers under head coach Joanna Hardin and second straight appearance.
- Virginia’s 30 wins is the most since the 2010 season when the Cavaliers went 34-23 and earned a bid to the NCAA Championships.
- The Cavaliers swept Pittsburgh and won the series with North Carolina while also picking up wins over No. 4 Florida State, No. 13 Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech to earn the eight seed in the tournament.
- Virginia faces Syracuse for the first time in ACC Tournament play.
- UVA closed ACC play at Syracuse (April 28-29) before closing the regular season at Longwood this past Tuesday.
- Virginia is 28-41 all-time at the ACC Championships and won the 1994 ACC Tournament.
TICKET AND COVERAGE INFORMATION
Tickets are now available by visiting the link above, at und.edu/buytickets or by calling the Murnane Family Ticket Office at Notre Dame Athletics at 574-631-7356.
All tickets will be digital and sent via mobile delivery. Youth (12 and under) as well as current students at ACC institutions will receive free admission with a valid school ID.
Pre-Sell (All Tournament Passes):
Senior – 65 and over (Stadium)- $3
Senior – 65 and over (Bleachers)- $3
Youth (12 and under) / ACC Students- Free
ACC Network and ESPN2 will provide 18 hours of live coverage of the ACC Softball Championship. The first three rounds will be broadcast on ACC Network, and ESPN2 will carry the championship game, with studio breaks between games.