CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Four members of the Virginia women’s tennis team were recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference by being named to the 2023 All-ACC women’s tennis teams.
Senior Natasha Subhash was named the All-ACC Second Team in singles. Grad student Julia Adams and sophomore Mélodie Collard were named to the doubles second team while Elaine Chervinsky and Subhash earned third-team doubles honors.
This is the first time that the conference has named All-Conference doubles teams.
Subhash went 20-10 in singles, including an 8-2 record at No. 2, advancing to the second round of the NCAA Singles Championship. This is her third time earning conference honors after being named to the first team as a sophomore and to the second team last season. All-ACC teams were not announced during her freshman season.
Adams and Collard earned All-America honors in doubles this season after advancing to the semifinals of the NCAA Doubles Championship. They finished the year with a 24-6 record and are ranked No. 6 in the final ITA Doubles rankings of the season.
Chervinsky and Subhash were ranked as high as No. 3 in the ITA Doubles rankings this season after advancing to the semifinals at both the ITA All-American and ITA Fall National Championships. They tallied a 20-7 record playing together as a duo including a 9-4 record in conference matches.
2023 Atlantic Coast Conference Women’s Tennis Awards
Player of the Year: Fiona Crawley, North Carolina
Freshman of the Year: Diana Shnaider, NC State
Coach of the Year: Simon Earnshaw, NC State
- Carol Lee, Georgia Tech
- Alexa Noel, Miami
- Chloe Beck, North Carolina
- Reese Brantmeier, North Carolina
- Fiona Crawley, North Carolina
- Diana Shnaider, NC State
- Kylie Bilchev, Georgia Tech
- Carson Tanguilig, North Carolina
- Amelia Rajecki, NC State
- Alana Smith, NC State
- Natasha Subhash, Virginia
- Ӧzlem Uslu, Virginia Tech
- Georgia Drummy, Duke
- Emma Jackson, Duke
- Isabella Pfennig, Miami
- Anika Yarlagadda, North Carolina
- Page Freeman, Notre Dame
- Casie Wooten, Wake Forest
- Reese Brantmeier and Elizabeth Scotty, North Carolina
- Carson Tanguilig and Fiona Crawley, North Carolina
- Diana Shnaider and Alana Smith, NC State
- Nell Miller and Amelia Rajecki, NC State
- Julia Adams and Melodie Collard, Virginia
- Anna Brylin and Brooke Killingsworth, Wake Forest
- Chloe Beck and Ellie Coleman, Duke
- Alexa Noel and Isabella Pfennig, Miami
- Elaine Chervinsky and Natasha Subhash, Virginia