CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 6 Virginia field hockey team (4-1, 0-0 ACC) hosts No. 14 Boston College (3-2, 0-0 ACC) on Friday, Sept. 15 at 5 p.m. at Turf Field in Charlottesville, Va. It is the ACC opener for both teams.
Admission is free for all regular-season home games at Turf Field.
- The match will stream online on ACCNX through the ESPN app. It is available through participating TV providers that carry ACC Network
- Live stats will be available
- Links are posted on VirginiaSports.com
NOTING THE CAVALIERS
- Virginia is 11th in the nation in goals-against average (1.00) and points per game (9.00) while rankings 15th in goals per game (3.00)
- Virginia has had 19 student-athletes appear in games this season (not counting goalkeepers), 15 of them have contributed at least one point
- This is the first of four-straight games against ranked opponents
- Tyler Kennedy is the NFHCA Division I National Defensive Player of the Week and the ACC Defensive Player of the Week after logging a combined eight saves in the wins against William & Mary and Harvard
- The Harvard game was her second shutout of the season and the fifth of her career
- It was the first career ACC Player of the Week honor in her career and her first NFHCA national honor
- She is the first Cavalier to be named the NFHCA National Player of the Week since goalkeeper Taylor Henriksen in the 2020 season
- BC rose to No. 14 in this week’s NFHCA poll. This will be the third time this season UVA has played an opponent ranked No. 14 as Liberty and Harvard were both at that ranking when the Cavaliers faced them
- Virginia leads the all-time series 16-13
- The Eagles won last year’s meeting 2-1 at Boston College and won the 2021 regular-season meeting 1-0 in overtime in Charlottesville. UVA won 2-0 in the 2021 ACC Tournament quarterfinals
ON THE HORIZON
- The Cavaliers close out the homestand by hosting No. 5 Maryland on Monday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m.
- The Maryland game will be televised on the ACC Network