CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The Virginia men’s soccer team (5-3-1, 1-2 ACC) is set to take on No. 8 Louisville (6-1-1, 1-1-1 ACC) on Friday night (Sept. 29) at Klöckner Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
How to Follow
Friday night’s match against Louisville will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through the ESPN app and at WatchESPN.com for customers who have the ACC Network as part of their TV subscription. Links to both the broadcast and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer).
A YOUNG RIVALRY
- This matchup will mark just the ninth ever meeting between the Cavaliers and Cardinals. Virginia is 3-4-1 against Louisville all-time
- The inaugural match between the two programs took place in 2013. The Cavaliers fell by a score of 2-1 on the road (8/30/13)
- Six of the eight meetings between the two sides have been decided by a single goal or less.
LAST TIME OUT
- Virginia broke down a well-organized ETSU side at Klöckner Stadium winning by a margin of 1-0 on Tuesday (Sept. 26)
- Stephen Annor provided the winner in the 66th minute, his second game-winner of the season and fifth goal overall
- Joey Batrouni made his second start as a Cavalier recording his first clean sheet for Virgnina and the fifth of his career
- It was virginia’s fourth straight win at home in 2023