CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The Virginia men’s soccer team (6-3-1, 2-2 ACC) is set to take on No. 19 Hofstra (8-1-2, 2-0-2 CAA) on Tuesday night (Oct. 3) at Klöckner Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
How to Follow
Tuesday night’s match against Hofstra will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through the ESPN app and at WatchESPN.com for customers who have the ACC Network as part of their TV subscription. Links to both the broadcast and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer).
AGAINST THE PRIDE
- This will be the fifth-ever matchup between Hofstra and Virginia.
- The Cavaliers are 3-0-1 in the series. The lone draw came last season when the teams tied 1-1 at Klöckner Stadium (10/18/22). It was Phil Horton who provided the goal for Virginia in last season’s draw equalizing nine minutes after Ryan Carmichael opened the scoring for the pride.
THE COMFORTS OF HOME
- The Cavaliers have been exceptional in front of their home fans at Klöckner Stadium with a record of 6-1 at home while outscoring its opponents by a margin of 12-5.
- UVA is 2-0 in ACC games at Klöckner Stadium.
- Virginia has won five consecutive matches at Klöckner Stadium while keeping back-to-back clean sheets against ETSU (Sept. 26) and Louisville (Sept. 29)
ANNOR ON FIRE
- Virginia’s Stephen Annor has looked every bit as advertised as he leads the Hoos in scoring with six to his tally
- Annor scored three times in the span of two games helping UVA to a 1-1 draw on the road with No. 9 JMU (Sept. 12) and a 3-1 victory over NC State at home (Sept. 16) on his way to his first ACC weekly honors.
- After failing to score at Notre Dame, he returned to Klöckner to net a pair of back-to-back game-winners against ETSU and Louisville. He has scored in four of his last five appearances.