CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 8 Virginia field hockey team (7-4, 1-2 ACC) hosts No. 4 Duke (10-1, 3-0 ACC) on Friday, Oct. 6 at 5 p.m. at Turf Field in Charlottesville, Va.
HOW TO WATCH
- Friday’s match will stream online on ACCNX through the ESPN app. It is available through participating TV providers that carry ACCN
- Live stats are available
- Admission is free for all regular-season home games at Turf Field
- Virginia is No.8 in this week’s NFHCA poll, the 16th consecutive poll being ranked in the top 10
- Friday’s game against Duke is the third top-five opponent in a five-game span for UVA and fourth top 10 in that same time frame
- All but three of UVA’s opponents this season have been ranked during the year
- Adele Iacobucci netted the game-winner at Miami. She has two goals this season, both game-winners. She is the only player with two game-winning goals this season
- Daniela Mendez-Trendler is ranked in the top 10 in the ACC in assists per game (5th, 0.45), goals per game (8th, 0.45) and points per game (9th, 1.36)
- Mendez-Trendler leads the team with 15 points with a team-best 5 goals and tied for the team lead with 4 assists
- Friday’s game is the first of two between Virginia and Duke in a 10-day span. This Friday’s game is the one that will count as a conference contest. The game on Sunday, Oct. 15 will be considered a non-conference contest
- Virginia leads the all-time series 40-22 and has won the last two meetings
- Friday’s game is the team’s Morgan’s Message game, an organization that strives to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health within the student-athlete community and equalize the treatment of physical and mental health in athletics.
ON THE HORIZON
- The Cavaliers return to the road to play at Wake Forest on Friday, Oct. 13