CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia volleyball team (8-8, 1-5 ACC) travel to Notre Dame (9-5, 3-3 ACC) on Friday (Oct. 13) for a 6:30 matchup against the Fighting Irish at Purcell Pavilion. The Cavaliers will then face off against No. 6 Louisville on Sunday (Oct. 15) at 1 p.m. at L&N Federal Credit Union Arena.
Both matches are set to be streamed on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX).
- Both of Virginia’s matches will be streamed on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) through the ESPN app, which is available through participating TV providers that carry ACC Network.
- Live stats will also be available for both matches and can be accessed through the volleyball schedule page on VirginiaSports.com
- The all-time series between the Cavaliers and Fighting Irish is level at 6-6, with Virginia taking the victory in the previous matchup in a 3-0 sweep. In the match, the Hoos registered 16.0 blocks and marked their first sweep over an ACC program since 2019. Abby Tadder recorded a match-high eight kills and eight blocks.
- Louisville leads the all-time series over Virginia 3-10 and have won the last six matches. The Cardinals will be the second ranked matchup for the Cavaliers this season.
LAST TIME OUT
- Virginia dropped both matches at Memorial Gymnasium last weekend against Clemson (1-3) on Friday (Oct. 6) and No. 11 Georgia Tech (2-3).
- Last weekend, the Hoos were without middle blocker and kills leader Abby Tadder and outside hitter Ciera Hecht.
- The Cavaliers nearly knocked off No. 11 Georgia Tech last Sunday, taking the match to five sets, the first time Virginia has pushed a top-15 opponent to five and marked the first set win in the series with the Yellow Jackets since 2018.
- Outside hitter Brooklyn Borum led the charge with her seventh career double-double and first since 2021 with 15 kills and 13 digs. Setter Regan Trueblood also tallied a season-high 39 assists while libero Milan Gomillion tied for a match-high 22 digs.