CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 5 Virginia field hockey team (10-5) plays its final regular-season game of the 2023 season when it travels to take on James Madison (3-11) on Tuesday, Oct. 24 at 5 p.m. in Harrisonburg, Va.
HOW TO WATCH
- The match will stream online on through ESPN+ (subscription required)
- Live stats are available
- Virginia moved back into the top five in this week’s NFHCA rankings after being No. 7 last week
- Virginia is coming off a 3-2 victory against North Carolina on Friday night, it’s second-straight win against the No. 2 ranked team. UVA won 2-1 at then-No. 2 Duke the previous Sunday
- Junior striker Taryn Tkachuk scored the game-winning goal against North Carolina after assisting on the first goal of the game. She now leads the team with seven goals
- Sophomore midfielder Daniela Mendez-Trendler leads the team with 19 points with six goals and seven assists. She has four points (1 goal, 2 assists) in the last two games
- Mendez-Trendler is fourth in the ACC in assists per game (0.47) and 10th in points per game (1.27)
- Junior back Emily Field scored the game-tying goal against the Tar Heels. It was her first career goal
- Field is the 10th different player to score a goal this season
ON THE HORIZON
- Virginia will serve as the host site for the 2023 ACC Field Hockey Championship Oct. 31- Nov. 3 at Turf Field
- Admission and parking for the ACC Championship are free
- The bracket for the tournament will be announced on Friday evening after the conclusion of the Duke/UNC game which begins at 6 p.m.