CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The No. 18 Virginia men’s soccer team (8-3-3, 4-2-1 ACC) is set to host High Point (8-2-4, 5-0-1 Big South) on Tuesday night (Oct. 24) at Klöckner Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
How to Follow
Tuesday night’s match against High Point will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through the ESPN app and at WatchESPN.com for customers who have the ACC Network as part of their TV subscription. Links to both the broadcast and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer).
THE SERIES WITH HIGH POINT
- This will mark the eighth meeting between Virginia and High Point all-time
- Virginia holds a record of 3-3-1 against the High Point all-time with a 3-2-0 mark at home
- The Cavaliers have won their last three games against High Point and are unbeaten against the Panthers under head coach George Gelnovatch
- The Cavaliers are unbeaten in their last six games with four wins and two draws—two of Virginia’s three wins in that stretch came against ranked opposition.
- In those matches, Virginia has conceded a total of just three goals while keeping three clean sheets
- In three ACC contests over that stretch, Virginia has taken 10 points out of a possible 12 to surge into second place in the ACC coastal. Virginia logged wins over No. 8 Louisville, No. 11 Pitt and Virginia Tech while taking a draw from BC on the road.
LAST TIME OUT
- Virginia cruised to a 3-0 win over Virginia Tech in the Smithfield Commonwealth Clash on Friday (Oct. 20)
- Stephen Annor recorded his second brace of the season and his fifth game-winner
- Annor’s game-winning goal was scored in the third minute of play marking the fastest goal of the season for UVA—it was the second time Annor has scored within the opening five minutes this season