CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia men’s soccer team (10-3-3, 5-2-1 ACC) will host No. 22 Syracuse (8-3-6, 2-1-5 ACC) in an ACC quarterfinal matchup on Sunday (Nov. 5) and tickets are on sale now. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
Virginia is the No. 3 seed in the ACC Tournament while Syracuse earned the No. 6 seed and advanced to the quarterfinals after a 5-0 victory over NC State in the first round.
Reserved seats are $12 while general admission tickets are $8. Students are admitted free with a valid student ID. General admission tickets can be purchased online at UVATix.com.
Notes on the Matchup:
- Virginia has not played Syracuse in 2023, but the Cavaliers faced off with the 2022 NCAA Champions twice last season
- UVA took down No. 3 Syracuse on the road by a score of 1-0 in the 2022 regular season
- The game will be a rematch of the 2022 ACC Semifinals when Virginia and Syracuse tied 2-2 after 90 minutes with the Orange advancing on penalty kicks
- Virginia’s Leo Afonso has found the back of the net in each of the last three meetings between the two sides
- UVA has matched up with Syracuse twice in ACC Tournament play with a 1-0-1 record against the Orange
ACC Tournament Notes:
- Virginia has won 16 ACC Championships with 11 tournament titles
- The Cavaliers last title came in 2019 when Henry Kessler was named tournament MVP—that run also began with a home match against Syracuse
- Virginia has an all-time ACC Tournament record of 46-20-13