CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia field hockey team (12-6) open play at the 2023 NCAA Field Hockey Championship by taking on Saint Joseph’s (16-4) on Friday, Nov. 10 at 2:30 p.m. at the Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex in College Park, Md.
HOW TO WATCH
- The match will stream online on through B1G+
- Live stats are available
- Fans attending in person need to purchase tickets online through the UM Terps box office
- Parking is free in Lot 11B (the lot closest to the field). If you park in a different lot, you risk getting a parking ticket
- Virginia is No. 5 in the latest NFHCA Coaches Poll. Saint Joseph’s is No. 13
- Only the top four teams are seeded in the NCAA bracket
- Virginia won the regular season meeting 2-1 at Saint Joseph’s
- This is UVA’s is the 27th trip to the NCAA Championship for the Cavaliers and their 15th in the last 18 years
- Virginia has fallen in the Round of 16 of the tournament each of the last two years including suffering a 2-1 loss at Maryland in 2021
- The Cavaliers are looking to advance to the NCAA Semifinals for the sixth time in program history. UVA last made the final four in 2019 with a 1-0 victory against Maryland in Charlottesville
- UVA is 6-1 all-time against Saint Joseph’s and has won the last four meetings
- The winner will advance to play the winner of No. 4 Maryland and No. 17 Old Dominion on Sunday, Nov. 12 at 1 p.m.
- Maryland and ODU will be the first match of the day on Friday, playing at noon