CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The 2024 Virginia baseball season will begin at home with a three-game series against Hofstra (Feb. 17-19). The Cavaliers are scheduled to play 34 games at Disharoon Park including ACC series against Wake Forest (March 15-17), North Carolina (April 4-6), Georgia Tech (April 19-21), NC State (May 10-12) and Virginia Tech (May 16-18).
The Cavaliers will participate in the inaugural Jax Baseball Classic at 121 Financial Ballpark in Jacksonville, Fla. Beginning Feb. 23. Virginia will play Wichita State (Feb. 23), Iowa (Feb. 24) and Auburn (Feb. 25) over a three-day span.
Virginia will open up ACC play in Miami (March 8-10) and play road ACC series against Pitt (March 22-24), Duke (March 28-30), Louisville (April 12-14) and Boston College (April 25-27).
The site of the 2024 ACC Baseball Tournament (May 26-31) will be announced by the conference office at a later date.
- Virginia, the 2023 ACC Coastal Division Champions, will square off against last year’s Atlantic Division Champs, Wake Forest, at Disharoon Park March 15-17. UVA and Wake Forest were the two ACC representatives in the 2023 College World Series.
- Virginia will play its season opener at home for the second-straight year and the fifth time since 2004. Last year weather forced the Cavaliers to play their game against Navy at Disharoon Park, a contest that was originally scheduled to be played in Wilmington, N.C.
- Hofstra, UVA’s opening weekend opponent, will visit Charlottesville for the first time since 1952. Virginia has won both previous meetings against the Pride (2-1 in 1951 & 5-4 in 1952).
- Virginia is scheduled to play a three-game midweek series against ODU, Feb. 20 and April 2 in Charlottesville and April 16 in Norfolk. The Cavaliers are slated to play in Norfolk for the first time since 2016.
- UVA will make its annual trip to The Diamond, also home of the Richmond Flying Squirrels, to play VCU on April 30.
- The Cavaliers have two first time opponents on the schedule, Wichita State and Iowa. Both matchups will occur in Jacksonville on the second weekend of the season. The Cavaliers will also take on Auburn on the same weekend, UVA’s first regular season SEC opponent since squaring off against Vanderbilt in 2019. Virginia will make its first trip back to Jacksonville since playing the 2008 ACC Tournament in the River City.
2024 Schedule by the Numbers
56 games: 34 home games | 19 away games | three neutral site games
2023 NCAA Tournament Teams (5): Duke (Super Regional), George Mason (Regional), Miami (Regional), NC State (Regional), Wake Forest (CWS)
2024 Baseball Season Tickets
Season tickets for the 2024 season are on sale now. General admission seats are $75 each and reserved seats are available starting at $125 per season ticket. Season tickets may be purchased online at UVATix.com or by calling the Virginia Athletic Ticket Office at (434) 924-8821. Season tickets can be paid in full or over an interest free bill plan.
UVA full-time faculty and staff are eligible to receive a discount of 20 percent on up to four season tickets by calling the ticket office. Season tickets in the baseline grandstand, infield grandstand and field level club require a per seat donation to the Virginia Athletics Foundation.
For field level tickets part of the Jim Rutrough Club Lounge along the right field line, please contact the Virginia Athletic Foundation at (434) 982-5555.
Single game ticket prices and on-sale dates will be announced at later date following the release of first pitch times.
For more information about season ticket packages visit: UVATIX.com