HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB HOCKEY
- Named to the 2020 U.S.A. Field Hockey Rise Women’s National Team (formerly known as the US U-19 Junior National Team)
- Was also a member of the 2018 U-17 USA Women’s National Field Hockey
- 2018 Illinois Field Hockey Player of the Year
- Four-time Illinois Independent School League Player of the Year
- National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) All-American her junior and senior seasons as well as being a three-time All-Region honoree
- Three-time first team all-state after being named to the second team as a freshman
- Scored 101 goals in her high school career
- Four-time first team All-Independent School League First Team
- Led North Shore Country Day team to 4 state final four appearances, and first state championship game in school history
- Goes by the nickname, Xas
- Parents are Kim Leigh Morgan and Mark John Morgan
- Has a younger sister, Isabel Morgan
- Born in Durban, South Africa, is a dual American/South African citizen
- Also lived three years in the Netherlands
- Both mother and father played field hockey at collegiate first division and provincial level, in South Africa. Her mother also played on the South African National Team
IN HER OWN WORDS
I choose Virginia because:
I chose Virginia because from the minute I stepped on campus and started going to more camps and clinics, I loved the atmosphere and vibe that I got from the coaches, players, and people on campus. The team culture and environment is something that I am so excited to be apart of and the team as a whole looks so fun while also being incredibly talented and hard working. I also really like that I will be able to challenge myself academically while also competing at such a high level of field hockey.
What impact can I see myself making in the UVA community:
The UVA community is one that seems very close-knit and fun while at the same maintaining a level of competitiveness that drives them to succeed. I think of myself as both easy-going yet very competitive and think these two attributes while help me continue to grow the culture and environment that is embedded in the school.
Why do my teammates want me on their team during the most challenging situation or what I can offer the team in the most challenged good situation:
I would consider myself a fairly calm and level headed person in challenging situations so I think I would help my teammates stay at ease and maintain focus and success.
What makes me laugh?
I laugh very easily so just being around my friends and teammates while they joke or have a good time definitely makes me laugh and have fun.
FROM COACH MADISON
“Xas’ skill set separates her from the rest. She will add quality to a strong midfield as she possesses the ball well and delivers great passes. Xas will have to add more vertical play and use her skill and speed to eliminate. Excited to see how her game will grow at this level once she adds her top speed and gains the strength to propel her skill sets.”